360 Degree believes that the youth of today can bring about a positive transformation in our world. The Viewfinders initiative is aimed at handing out the opportunity to do this to the student community, during their formative years. this not only creates a sense of social responsibility in them, but also helps them grow into compassionate and humble adults. having a first hand knowledge of the hardships faced by fellow human beings also help them look at the world in a different shade and appreciate the little things in life. Most importantly, a large population of socially responsible adults can be molded, which is something that the world badly needs, at this juncture
Why VIEWFINDER ?
360 Degree started off as a photography group. a viewfinder, in a camera, is what the photographer looks through to see the image he is about to click and make adjustments.for us, a viewfinder is one who can help see the society around us in it’sbest possible self and transform it accordingly.
Who is a VIEWFINDER?
You are a viewfinder if you are passionate about social entrepreneurship. A Viewfinder is confident, compassionate and has a drive to bring about a change in the society through creative solutions. a viewfinder is one who can work with a team and if needed can lead the team too.
- Viewfinders chapters are mini chapters of 360 Degree that function within a college.
- A viewfinders chapter must have a minimum of 10 members and a maximum of 30 members. A college can have up to 3 chapters functioning in it. Each chapter should be headed by a chapter coordinator who is from the same college.
- A viewfinders chapter has to be recognized by 360 Degree before it can start its activities.
- The activities of the chapter will be overseen by the respective district coordinators of 360 Degree.
VIEWFINDERS Chapter Coordinator
- The viewfinder chapter Shall be managed by the VC Coordinator.
- The VCC Shall be responsible for registering the chapter with 360 Degree once there is a minimum of 10 members.
- The VCC shall be the point of contact between the chapter and 360 Degree.
- The VCC shall be responsible for the induction of new members into the chapter.
- The VCC shall plan and coordinate the activities of the chapter, in consensus with other members of the chapter.
- A monthly summary of activities shall be submitted by the VCC.
- District/City coordinators will be selected from among the VCC’s if a city/district does not have one already.
VIEWFINDERS CHAPTER- TO DO’S
- Each VC shall function only with the permission of the college management. A request letter seeking permissions for the same shall be issued by 360 Degree upon receiving the request for registration from the VCC.
- Each VC shall work on one pilot project suggested by 360 Degree, apart from projects it comes up with. Each project plan created by a VC should be submitted to 360 Degree for approval. Grants may be issued for projects if found eligible.
- Each VC should complete at least 1 long term project ( lasting min. of 6 months) and 6 ‘one time campaigns’ every year. Campaigns should be based on pertinent social issues noticed around the college campus.
- All VC’s should organize ‘Connectivity Circles’, which is a gathering of chapter members to discuss projects or simply to connect with each other, twice a month.